Festivals are popular with professionals; recent productions are presented here, often exclusively and sometimes alongside debates and specific gatherings. But you don’t (always) feel like you belong there. And you don’t (always) know how attending can benefit you, especially when you don’t have a film that’s being screened or you’re not performing.
Watch this webinar and you will understand everything that attending a festival can bring you.
This Webinar is only available in French, with no subtitles. Watch it here !
Stay informed, once the subtitled version is online we will send you an email.
Just fill the form below !
Everyone in the industry: actors, directors, producers, writers, screenwriters, etc.
You can join this web conference from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device. Internet connection required.
- To be prepared to go to festivals: organization and checklist of what there is to do
- To get the most out of attending festivals, whether or not you’re performing
- To choose the festivals to take part in or attend
We will explore the following key points together to work out how to take full advantage of your festival and come back raring to go again:
- A festival needs to be prepared: together we list the things you need to do or prepare to feel as comfortable as possible and get maximum benefit out of your festival.
- We review the onsite organization: making the right choices, artistic versus strategic.
- Marketing tools (physical and digital): which are essential, good to have or not important?
- We present a few of the festivals in Europe, including Cannes, San Sebastian, Namur, the Berlinale, Avignon, Edinburgh, La Rochelle and Luchon: highlights, programming, etc.
- Meetings or get-togethers during a festival: how to handle them with the different scenarios we present.
- How to introduce yourself: a tricky time that you either love or loath!
- How to choose the right festivals for you depending on your goals.
- And finally, we will of course see how to network onsite and what to do after the festival to build on the important contacts.
NB: Given the large amount of information in this module, please also see: “Attending professional events whether or not you’re performing” which covers everything other than festivals.