Preparing your roles with Christophe Averlan
- To work a scene to be at your best in auditions or on set.
- To analyze the character’s stakes.
- To define what YOU want to bring to the table.
- To make clear choices.
- To test different acting directions, exploring possibilities, and choosing the ones that resonate with you the most.
- To find out how you can reappropriate the character, what needs to be played out in the moment of the scene, so that you stay “in the present”
- To be proactive, calm, flexible and a good listener.
- To make sure that you bring your personality, who you are and what you’ve been called chosen for.
- To increase your chances of catching the attention of the casting director.
- To remain available to work with the casting director and meet his/her requirements fast
- In the case of a self-tape: To have a reader if you don’t have someone available, to choose the best takes, to propose 2 or 3 different directions. To have fun with it all, to keep it fun ! (yeah, we know, we’re talkine about self-tapes here !)
- In the context of a casting: Arrive calm, confident, happy about the upcoming meeting, feel prepared; make sure you can quickly respond to requested directions.
The best time to see us?
- On receiving the script: the work starts with the script reading.
- A few days before the screen tests (maximum three or four days)
- An hour before the screen tests: ideal for ‘warming up’
Work with Christophe AVERLAN, who has been coaching actors and actresses for 15 years. With him, you’ll decide how to approach the scene, you’ll come across as solid in front of the casting director, stage director or director.
With role coaching, you can be sure of your proposal for a shoot, casting or selftape. No more uncertainties about the first take(s). Your choices will be clear and you’ll feel solid enough to refine your proposal or even go in a different direction. All of these elements will help you to feel totally confident, to control your stage fright, to be more concentrated and certainly more stress-free on the set and in front of castings.
Note that Christophe can work with you in any language (there will be no accent work).
The Médiane Advantages
to make your life easier.
How does it work?
Buy your three-hour Preparing for Screen Tests, Roles or Self-Tapes Package for the price of €213.
Arrange a meeting with Christophe Averlan by clicking here.
The length of the meeting will depend on your requirements.
The time charged will reflect the actual time spent.
Your meetings can be held in person in our offices or online (by Zoom, Messenger, Skype…) from where you are (make sure you have a good connection and have first downloaded Zoom.us if needed)
You have twelve months to use your package hours from your purchase date.
Not sure that this is the pack you need? Contact us to guide you towards the right solution.
Meet your coach !
Carreer coaching / 3 hours